Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook time: 4 hours (freezing) Yield: about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup coconut flesh pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can add a few drops of coconut extract if you want it very coconuty!)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 (15-oz) can light coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons agave syrup (or 2T agave and 1 packet stevia)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place coconut pieces in a food processor or heavy duty blender and process until finely ground. Add vanilla, salt, coconut milk, chocolate, and agave syrup and process to combine.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker or freezer-safe container. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions or until ice cream is frozen but still slightly soft.
- This ice cream becomes very hard once deeply frozen and is best enjoyed slightly softened.
- Homemade Raw Vegan Fudgsicles (vegetarianventures.com)
- 4 Vegan Ice-Cream Recipes to Satisfy Your Summer Sweet Tooth (ecosalon.com)
- Tasty Tuesday: Mint Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream (wateronthefloor.wordpress.com)